Monday, April 24, 2006

Seeing yourself on television is a weird thing. But - praise God!- at least I didn't come off looking like an idiot. Actually, my intense self-criticism aside, it all went very well. I found myself being myself - which is totally important to me. Integrity is very important to me in this process and I want it evident every time I perform. There should never be an occasion when people see me perform and get something other than who I really am. Sometimes artists are challenged to transform into someone else when they perform on television. This was my first time facing that challenge. It looks like I met the challenge and won. Hallelujah!!

I just got great news... and I'm not going to do the GEICO thing... Music Choice will be adding "Join In This Praise" to their Praise and Worship program that airs on Sunday Mornings between 9 and 11 AM. This is HUGE!!! Music Choice feeds cable and satellite companies across the country. This will expose thousands of people to my music. Praise God!! The song will begin airing on their network somewhere around mid-May on the Contemporary Christian channel. Another major plus with this development is that the music is now crossing over into the Contemporary Christian genre. You talk about major - that is MAJOR!!

Sharon and I are celebrating our 12th Wedding Anniversary. We were married on a gorgeous April 23rd afternoon in Atlanta. It was right in the middle of "Freaknik" and we had no idea what Freaknik was. What a rude introduction. We couldn't find hotel rooms for family members; the streets, roads and interstates were in total gridlock; it was a mess - but we were so happy!! As we were leaving the reception - Sharon in her gown and me in my tux - cars were at a total stop on the interstate and young college students were dancing on the highway. But as they recognized the gown and tux and saw "Just Married" on the car, they started cheering for us and cut a path through the sea of cars so that we could journey on to our destination. God has been parting seas for us ever since. Sharon is the most wonderful woman a man could have. And I am totally in love with her. She is so loving, compassionate, tender, strong and GORGEOUS!! It has been a fantastic 12 years. Te adoro - my Boo.

We took Cain to the vet this weekend. This little tiny puppy that we found in South Carolina that could fit in my two hands is now 43.8 pounds!! The vet thinks Cain has a mix of German Shepherd, Hound (probably blood hound) and Rottweiller. He is less then 5 months old and growing like crazy. He is going to be HUGE! They think he will reach about 100 pounds. WOW! But Rocky still has him in check. Rocky lets there be no mistaking that he is the boss and Cain is the new kid on the block.

Okay - that's enough for now. I'm chilling this week with my wife as we continue to celebrate. Until next week - Shalom.

No comments: