Tuesday, February 02, 2010

"GIVE LOVE AWAY" BENEFIT CONCERT

Many of you read the chronicle of my life-changing journey with a homeless guy we called “Joe.” Today, inspired by Joe’s journey and by the words of Jesus in Matthew 25:31-46, I want to help those in my community who, like “Joe,” are taking shelter in under bushes and bridges, in condemned buildings and alleys, or anywhere they can find temporary refuge.

Will you help me help them? Will you join me in being the hands and feet of Jesus?

Fortunately, we do not have to re-invent the wheel. There are organizations in our communities that are doing tremendous work providing for persons in need. I want to help two of them, Ghent Area Ministry and Gethsemane CFBC Missions Ministry. By supporting what they do, we too will be the hands and feet of Jesus in our communities.

Come join me at Gethsemane Community Fellowship Baptist Church in Norfolk, Virginia on Saturday, February 13th 7:00PM for an incredible night of music and inspiration as we “give love away” to those in need. Worship with me as I share music from Worship Of A Redeemed Man, Worship Unplugged and the soon to be released Bigger Than I Imagined. Two amazing Gospel recording artists are joining me: 4LOVE and Alex Holt & Free Worship. This event is FREE and open to the public.

Please bring your best donation so that we can be a tremendous blessing to these organizations. And for my friends outside of the Hampton Roads community, I welcome your donations to this cause. Let’s work together to make a difference in the lives of those in need. Let’s be the hands and feet of Jesus, together.

No comments: